The Catholic Women’s League of Canada calls its members to grow in faith, and to witness to the love of God through ministry and service.
The Objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada:
- To achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
- To promote the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- To exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life.
- To protect the sanctity of human life.
- To enhance the role of women in church and society.
- To recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
- To uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world.
- To contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
The Purpose of the Ontario Provincial Council:
- To implement The Catholic Women’s League objectives and policy in the province
- To represent the Catholic Women’s League members of Ontario at the national level
- To coordinate the arch/diocesan councils in the province
- To be a link between the arch/diocesan councils in Ontario and the national council for reporting, for resolutions and for those matters requiring an instructed vote at the national convention
- To disseminate information and direction from the national council to the arch/diocesan councils in the province
- To provide direction, inspiration and encouragement to the Catholic Women’s League members and councils in the province
- To submit resolutions and briefs on provincial matters as required
- To maintain contact with the Ontario Conference of Catholic Bishops (OCCB)